Wednesday, May 16, 2001

Memories

ahhhh. I have about one hour left of my peace and quiet. I adore my family, but there's something about an hour or two of aloneness that allows me to recharge my batteries. :-)

I haven't written lately. I have been reading. I've been self absorbed, I've been lazy.....I've been dreaming of summer days at the beach. any beach.

Hubby told me to find some place to go that is a day's drive for us, and we'll spend the weekend. I want to go to Cape Cod. If he decides he doesn't want to do the beach scene then I'd love to go back to the Chautauqua Institution. I visited there for a week with my aunt in 1988 for my HS graduation present. It was incredible! Maybe I'll see what their schedule looks like and we'll go there for a weekend :-)

Nothing interesting to share. I sent a copy of my 'visit with a friend' entry to my friend. I sent it in a Mother's Day card and got no reply. no letter, no phone call. *sigh* so I will have to just go visit one of these days :-)

Got a long letter from my MIL. She is lonely and quite depressed it seems. I know she wants us to move down there (there being Texas) but realistically she knows that just isn't possible. Sometimes I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. well, more often than not I feel stuck. *sigh*

No comments: