Sunday, July 29, 2001

I found it!!!! I found the poem the minister said about my Pap. Google is the BEST search engine around :)

Today, dear Lord, I'm 80 and
There's much I haven't done;
I hope, dear Lord, you'll let me live
until I'm 81.
But then, if I haven't finished
all I want to do,
Would you let me stay a while . . .
Until I'm 82?
So many places I want to go,
So very much to see,
Do you think that you could manage
To make it 83?
The world is changing very fast,
There's just so much in store,
I'd like it very much to live
Until I'm 84.


And if by then I'm still alive,
I'd like to stay till 85 . . .
More planes will be up in the air,
So I'd really like to stick
And see what happens to the world
When I am 86,
I know, dear Lord, it's much to ask
(And it must be nice in heaven)
But I certainly would like to stay
Until I'm 87.


I know by then I won't be fast
and sometimes will be late;
But it truly would be pleasant
to be around at 88.
I will have seen so many things
and had a wonderful time.
So, I'm sure that I'll be willing
to leave at 89 . . . maybe!

-- Mark Corcoran

and at the end the minister said, George, you took it one year further, you made it to 90 my friend. :)

*sniff*

No comments: