Saturday, July 7, 2001

well, we didn't go to Canada. we did spend the day with my family. it went ok. we went to the parade in the morning. then we went to my parents for an indoor picnic (by then it was raining) stayed there a little while then came home. I took a nap with the kids and hubby played on the computer. I woke up around 7 and we went up to my cousin's for picnic food (hotdogs and macaroni salad....cake and cookies....and something else, I can't remember lol. it was good. then the rain stopped long enough for us to watch some fireworks that the neighbors set off. It was so nice. we got home around 10:30 and the kids and I laid on the bed and watched the very same fireworks from my bedroom window! we all fell asleep! It was actually pleasant. I am relieved, and more than happy that the 4th is over.

On a side note, the 4th is a sad anniversary for me. My mother passed away on July 4, 1979. A lifetime ago.

Mom, I miss you so much. You took a part of me with you to heaven when you died. :(

HUGS TO ALL

M

No comments: