Friday, January 16, 2009

Where I've Been.....And Where I'm Going

Where have I been? I realize I haven't said much in the last several days.... Well, to be totally honest, I haven't said much since returning home from Florida. Maybe I'm still processing that whole trip, I don't know. :-)

At any rate, I've been here. Physically, anyway. Emotionally I've been all over the place. I miss my mother something fierce. I really really need her right now and she isn't here and it hurts. I'd give anything to have her back.

My kids are all doing pretty good, all things considered. I think Jenna is hitting a depression cycle again. This happens this time of year. Her friends are all eyeball deep in midterms, preparing for dances, dates, what have you and she is working full time instead. She asked a few times about going back to school, but her interests are so vastly different from those of her peers, that it would be pointless from the social aspect of it, and she's beyond grade level in all but one subject, so she'd be bored to tears there, as well. She understood our point and we understood hers (she'd like to see more of her boyfriend) and we agreed that h/s was the best option for her. But, back to her depression... she's arguing more w/ her boyfriend, she's mopey dopey around the house, she is more tired than usual..... I'm going to keep an eye on her and see how she does over the next couple of weeks. Jess is holding her own pretty good. Her behavior took a nose dive after Christmas but it's slowly pulling back up. She doesn't have school tomorrow or Monday, so I'm praying for a nice, quiet weekend. Jonathan is bored with school. I was doing some math with him tonight and he just rolled his eyes at me. Whatever. I can roll mine right back. I told him he'd have to do some more work for me this weekend as he's got the winter sluggishness going on...I can't really call it the winter blues, but he's just slower than usual with the work. We'll get back on track. He is busy with basketball and lacrosse now, so it's nice to be able to take a slower pace with school instead of how it was when he went to school, things got busier this time of year and he'd get frustrated. At least we can set it up however we wish. Hope is doing good. She hit a growth spurt there for a while and all of her muscles got tight again. She had difficulty walking and was very clumsy with her hands. But she's getting comfortable again and doing better. We always know she is fully stretched/relaxed when she stretches out in bed. When she's curled up in a ball her muscles are too tight. I'll be dropping off her new eyeglass frames w/ the dr on Monday so he can order her prism lenses. I'm excited about that. Hopefully they will work well for her.

I am having a hysterectomy on February 10th. I met with my doctor on Monday and he explored other options, but we felt this was the best for my concerns and symptoms. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time. It's consumed my thoughts for the last several days.

So that's my latest.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow, alot has been going on. I will be praying for your upcoming surgery.

mommytoalot said...

I've wondered where you've been, and I've missed your posts.
..
In regards to the winter blues..i think I am going through that.
..
School probs with my two middle boys.

And our newest addition..will most likely be leaving in about four weeks...and i will miss him...he's a great kid..funny how we get attached so quickly..
xo

Gone Back South said...

Gosh you have a lot to think about. So tricky when all the kids have such different needs and different things going on. I hope Jenna's cycle gets over without too much angst. And I hope your weekend is turning out well. Take care x