Saturday, February 3, 2001

On January 29 my birth mother would have been 74 years old. She has been gone for 22 years now. Where has the time gone? I remember so many things about her, so vividly, as though it were yesterday that I saw her last.

I was 8 when my Mama died. She had been sick for a while, maybe up to 2 years? But I wasn't aware of it until the few months before she died. She had cancer of the lung at first. It spread and basically consumed her entire body. Mama used to be a really big lady, I'd say around 300 lbs or so, but when she died she was under 100 lbs. :-(

She passed away on July 4, 1979. I still can't celebrate on the 4th of July and REALLY party. That day will always be a day of sadness for me. :-(

Here is a picture of my mom and me, Christmas 1974, I was almost 4 years old. :-)



Momma, I will always love you and miss you. I hope to be the woman you always wanted and expected me to be.

No comments: