Friday, October 19, 2007

What's up on this rainy October afternoon?


Are the days going by faster or is it just me? I seem to be accomplishing less and less and the days going by faster and faster. Too bad I need sleep, huh? I'd get so much more done if I could stay up all night...

We had evaluations for Hope this week and last, evaluations for Jessica and IEP meetings. I'm getting to the point that I'm mixing up the kids and their diagnoses. No, I'm not crazy, it's this darn alphabet soup deal. It's like for Jess, she has PDD-NOS, RAD, OCD, ODD, ADD, MR, and I know there's more. What's the point any more? I was told by a school employee yesterday that PDD-NOS= Mental Retardation. ????? Really? I've done research for both and um, they are NOT = in my mind. But who am I anyway? Just her mother. Such is life.

So, this weekend is a busy one. Tonight I have some errands to run. The kids hate going with, but they hate staying home, so what do I do? I don't know yet.... they are getting to old to bribe them with a cookie. lol!

Tomorrow the whole family but me is going to the Buddy Bowl tomorrow. I'm so glad I don't have to go, but kinda wanted to. But I'm doing the pros vs. cons deal. I get to stay home, from 9am-about 6pm, alone, well, maybe with Hope, but she's easy. Or I can be on the go all day long..with all the kids. I think Daddy needs to spend quality time with his older kids, don't you? :-) The BB isn't all day long, Jonathan's football game is in the AM, but then it's right to BB with a small break for lunch. Works for me!

We took family pictures last weekend. They were kinda funny, actually. Jenna's boyfriend, Jack, was in almost all of them and Hope's birthmother, Jill, was in all of them. I think we'll take more inside, just us, but I thought these were pretty cool, seeing as it is our "family" right now.

So that's life, at the moment.... It's always interesting, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time at your outing!

...And don't waste any energy on that school employee. Ask to see their medical license and promptly write them off. They just like to stick people in labeled boxes because it's convenient. Mom=EXPERT.