Friday, November 2, 2007

My (So Called) Life

Ok, so the title isn't so original.... sorry. I'm not feeling my most creative these days.

I have a bunch of random crap in my brain, so I'm going to unload, and then relax a bit on the sofa...I think so, anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been visiting Goodyblog.com daily since I discovered it (by reading my Parents magazine!) What an awesome, fun blog. It is just full of good, fun stuff. I've been entering to win the toy of the day giveaway since it began. I doubt I'll ever win, but the toys are fun and it's fun to enter....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



My husband and I were mesmerized by Twin Peaks. We watched it religiously. It sucked us in. Then he left for Saudi Arabia and I lived with his parents for a while.... so I religiously watched Twin Peaks then ran upstairs to write him a long detailed letter, telling him all about the episode. I also video taped all of them, while he was gone..so we could watch them together. We never did, but the thought was there. Well, now we CAN watch them together! The entire series is available on DVD. I'm in heaven! I want it for Christmas!!! I have the soundtrack on CD and I've been listening to it and wow. It has me captivated yet again. Who'd have thought?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spoke at a benefit dinner for our adoption agency. I have mixed feelings about it and I'm still processing it all, but a dear friend was there and had this to say:

"I just want to repeat that you and Bill did a great job Tuesday night! Your presentation was warm, humorous, informative, and touching."

That made me feel better about it. We were just ourselves and I don't expect everyone to like me, but I wanted my presentation to be good...and liked...so that made it tough for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am thinking about Christmas and what to get the family for gifts and what I want for myself! My husband and I always end up getting for the kids and not for each other, so this year I want it to be different. I have a good bit of things already for the children...and I want some family gifts this year.

For example, check these things out:

Bed Bath and Beyond has these:

for sale. Aren't they the cutest???? You could make some adorable lil animals, if you had the talent, anyway!

and I love this! Wouldn't it make an awesome birthday cake? And easy! This I can do!



Now that, I like!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm tired and don't want to work, read emails, reply to emails, blog, read blogs or talk on the phone. I think I want to sit on the sofa with my dogs and read a magazine. A perfect ending to a very busy day. Now if the kids would just quiet down and go to sleep, it would be bliss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute!

Hey...I'm feeling that very same way. I would love to hide and wake up in say...5 yrs! LOL