Monday, July 14, 2008

Hope's Amazing Journey

Hope had an appointment today at the Shriner's hospital in Philadelphia. We were overly optimistic going into today's appointment. Sure, she has Cerebral Palsy, but she is walking independently, she is able to understand us and well, just seems to be doing fine, you know? Sure, the right leg (her GOOD leg) turns in slightly when walking, she flaps her right arm and tucks in the left, but honestly, I thought she was doing GOOD. Well, apparently NOT. The doctor was not impressed at all with her walking and arm posturing. She was quickly referred for a brace (casted for it today and we'll be getting it in August) and referred to the hand clinic as well as the neurologist. When I learned of this, I began to cry and then I was very frustrated because all I wanted to do was call my Mom. My heart is hurting and my mom isn't here to hear me cry about it. That makes me sad and angry all at the same time.

Of course, my husband opted to get the butterflies brace when I wanted leopard print (I'm thinking how to accessorize to the max, you know? Leopard print is in, man!

Think of Hope and of us. This is a setback I wasn't anticipating.

No comments: