Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Few Thoughts on 2009

2008 is behind us and now it is 2009. What do you hope/wish for in 2009? Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Why or why not?

I want my children to be happy and healthy. I wish the same for my husband. I am thankful that we have job security in these though economic times. I may end up ultimately losing my job this year, due to a decline in funding. I'm ok with that. We can survive ok without it.

I don't make resolutions because I would only set myself up for failure. What I do like to do is set personal goals that are attainable. For example, this year I want to be less grouchy with my children. I want to cherish even the rough times with them because their childhood is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it shapes them into the adults they will become. I hope to help my daughter achieve a new level of independence yet provide her with a safety net in case she needs it. I want to broaden my education- and not necessarily through college classes. Enrichment can occur in many ways outside a classroom or a computer. I want to travel more and expose my children to the beauty of our country both in our own neighborhood and in other states...

I have many wishes and hopes for 2009. These are just a few.

Share with me some of yours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still working on getting your button to work on my blog!

I LOVE your goals, and I think I'm gonna steal one of yours, although, one of my goals is to read the Bible through in a year and I'm HOPING that will help me with some of my grouchiness....but I need to be NICER with my children. What you said was so perfect and really spoke to my heart.

Maggie, it has been SUCH a joy getting to know you through the boards and through your blog! I pray the Lord KNOCKS your socks off in 2009!