Friday, January 2, 2009

just a few comments

It's hard getting back into the swing of things. We are visiting with my cousin and her husband tomorrow and hopefully will get to see my baby brother for a bit too. He asked me yesterday if I thought Jonathan would like his old leather jacket. Ya think? Jonathan was salivating over it when we were in FL. I think he'll pee himself when Josh gives it to him! LOL!!!! It was really sweet of J to offer it to Jon.

I was asked if Hope's adoption was an open adoption. Yes, we have a very open adoption. Her birthmother visits us, in our home, on a regular basis. Her father, Hope's grandfather, visits as well. Her birthfather doesn't want any involvement, but his mother, Hope's grandmother, is very involved as well. We had a choice as to how open to have the adoption and we chose completely open. Her birthmother has become one of my dearest friends.

As for my tattoos, they didn't hurt as in horrible pain, but a few spots were uncomfortable. I didn't cry or even sweat during the process. :-) but I did grit my teeth a few times. Jenna cried during her's, but said it was due to the emotional reasons for getting it that hurt more than the pain itself.

Some day I want to get a butterfly on my right foot, a ring around my left ring finger and something to do with my children's names or birthdates or something. I'm thinking on that one. I'm very happy with my tattoos and very glad that I did it. :-)

Well, that's all for tonight. Once we get back into a normal routine, I'll be writing more.