Saturday, January 31, 2009


Lisa, over at Mommytoalot, gave me this fun award. She said I need to follow a few of the rules.... They are: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Many of you may already know some or all of these...

1) I got married at 18 to a man I had only met not quite two weeks prior. We've been married for almost 20 years now. Nobody thought it would last, but I fooled them all! :-)

2) I met my husband through Dear Abby. We did exchange letters for the better part of a year, prior to meeting in person.

3) I don't drive. I've never had a license. I'm petrified at the thought of operating a vehicle.

4) I'm so not a morning person. I'd rather stay up to watch the sun rise, then sleep until 2. Unfortunately, being a mother sort of prevents me from doing that. I look forward to when I am old(er) and the kids are grown. Then I shall revert back to my late nights and lazy mornings. :-)

5) I dislike laundry. I don't mind washing and drying it, even folding it, but the hauling up and down two flights of stairs, I don't like it. IN fact, it rarely makes it back upstairs. So the kids go downstairs to get clean clothing, etc. It works for us. I usually know if it's hanging around in their dresser drawers, it's safe to donate. LOL!

6) I often feel like I've failed Parenting 101. I'm not the Soccer Mom, I am not the Room Mother, in fact, I run and hide when those lists start to go around. I use the excuse that I don't drive. That is true, so why not take advantage of that fact? At any rate, I've learned to quit trying to measure up to the perfect family down the street. My children are happy and that is making me realize I'm doing ok. I think so, anyway.

7) To quote one of my daughter's favorite WWE Wrestlers (No, I don't watch it, but she does) I'm lewd, crude and tattooed.... LOL!!!!!

8) Ok, I'll admit it. I know I am NOT the only one. There are days when I wish I stuck with cats. You can leave for a week at a time and not worry about them, you can sleep in and not have to walk them or get them up for school, they only want petted a few times a day and don't whine if you stop, they don't leave wet towels or dirty clothes on the floor...and they don't tell you they hate you when they are mad at you ... Yeah, life was simpler then...

9) I have really really sick humor. I mostly try to control it, but there are times when it is really really bad. Usually it creeps up on me when I'm with my brother or my aunt...but sometimes even when I'm in a quiet crowd. I really do try to be good. :-)

10) Lastly, I believe a mom needs to take care of herself. That's why I'm on anti-depressants.

I'm supposed to pass this award on to 7 of my readers, but I'm not going to do that. If you read my blog and want this award, snag it and write 10 deep dark secrets about yourself, then post here and let me know you participated. :-)

1 comment:

mommytoalot said...

That was really good. I love your honesty.
I sometimes wish I stuck to cats..lol..love it..
i dont' have cats..but sometimes i wish we were just a small family of four again..but shhh dont' tell anyone.