Thursday, March 5, 2009

Writer's Workshop

Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and post it over at Mama's Losin' It!

The Prompts:

1.) Write a limerick.

2.) Normal is...

3.) Describe a memorable camping experience.

4.) What's the best thing that has happened this week?

5.) Did you have a childhood hideout? Where? Describe it.

6.) Words that hurt me.


Well, let's see, this should be easy, right?

1.)The only limericks I know are naughty ones and I can't think well enough to create my own, naughty or not.

2.)Normal is literally a setting on my dryer. I don't have "normal" children, "normal" pets, a "normal" lifestyle...Nothing about me or my life is normal, so how can I define it?

3.)Ahhh, my most memorable camping experience would be the only one I remember (I was too young when my parents took me to the poconos for a weekend in a borrowed winnebago). My aunt, a Pastor's wife, took me and two girls she knew around my age (who belonged to her church) to a church camp. Another adult friend of my aunt's went with. My aunt likes her beer in the evenings, so she muggled beer into this church camp. We had a pop up camper, a screen tent and a small tent for sleeping. My aunt had a little too much to drink and ended up having to pee, but it was late and she didn't want to walk down to the bathrooms (let's face it, she was feeling the beer by then) so she went behind our tent and squatted, peeing right there. Unknown to her, in full view of another church family who knew her well. OMG. It was priceless. Pastor's wife, smuggling beer into a church camp and dropping her drawers to pee between the tents. HA!!!!!!!

Of course we all ate too much junk food and had stomach cramps too, but that was not nearly as fun.... or memorable. :-)

4.)The best thing to happen to me this week? I had my 3 week post-op and my doctor said I am healing wonderfully. What a blessing!!!!!

5.)My childhood hideout was up in a tree at Paul's house. We always climbed up the trees and I liked hiding there. That is, until the boys would all leave me and nobody was there to help me down. Then I cried until they came back and found me. LOL

6.)Only one word really hurts me and I can't even put it into print. I've been called every derogatory word in the dictionary and every combination of words, but this one word just makes me ill. I've been called it a few times in my life and those who do always regret it.

For more writing prompts, visit Mama's Losing it!

3 comments:

heidi said...

Yay for healing!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh, the camp story was hilarious.

CJ said...

I loved the camp story. Isn't it always someone like the preacher's wife who surprises us by being human?