Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Musings

First and foremost, I have a headache. I've had a headache for 3 days. It's not a migraine. It's just a headache. I'm tired of this headache and wish it would leave, pronto.

Second of all, I think I need a vacation. I'd prefer a family vacation, or at least one with my husband, but any will do. I used to think I wanted to sit on a beach with my feet in the sand, but reality sets in. I'm a large woman. A large woman doesn't easily sit on the beach, in a chair or on the sand. A large woman may be mistaken for a beached whale if she sits on the beach. Thus, this may not be the vacation of my dreams.

The new vacation of my dreams is to be in a country home with a large porch, with a few adirondack chairs on the deck. A foot rest is a must. Give me a side table, too. Someone must watch the children so I can relax, basking in the sunshine with a martini in my hand and a book in my lap. Yes, this would be the vacation I yearn for. Of course I'd have my cell phone with a good signal, so I could blog and log into facebook...Taking this fantasy further (it is my fantasy, after all), I'd be able to take a walk down a nicely groomed and mostly flat trail that leads to a shallow brook, perfect for wading. Yes, you may find me there, on a blanket, with my martini and book.

Here I sit, headache is still present. Hope is eating her second popsicle of the morning and watching Miss Spider. I'm contemplating what I shall tackle next. While I'd rather play on the computer or read my new magazine, I realize work awaits. I think I'll grab some advil first.

1 comment:

Rina said...

Hope you feel better! I had a headache for 3 days once and actually went to my eye dr about it because I thought it was my contacts. he explained that if you wake up with it, it's hormone relatd but if it occurs in the middle of the day it's eye related...good tidbit. Now I dx all of mine and they are 99% of the time hormonal!