Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Tuesday Night

Random thoughts are in my head, just needing a place to unload. I suppose this is it.

Today was a peaceful day, as peaceful as it can be. I take these days and cherish them, as they are few and far between. I think the only excitement we had was getting got in a rain storm while at Target. It was a bad storm! I was amazed at the number of people who were determined to go to Target while it was storming all around. Why not just sit in your car for a little while until it slows down a bit? CARAZY! At any rate, I am having one heck of a time getting pants for Jessica. She is still in girls sizes, they are too long, too big in the thigh but too small in the belly and waist. Grrrr. I don't know what to do. I'm very very frustrated. Who knew it would be this difficult?

Jonathan is now enrolled in the cyber charter school. I'm yet undecided in how I feel about that. I am thankful that I'm not responsible for his education this year. I think once Jenna is done, I'm going to need a break. She is anxious to get started in her nurse's aide training. I'm excited about that. I'd love for her to get a job at say, Hershey Medical Center, or something. ;-) I realize I must quit hovering. I make a fine helicopter mom! LOL!

I'm determined to rid my home of clutter. It's a very difficult and slow process. After spending many weekends in the attic of my childhood home, I'm learning that it's not necessary to save EVERY LITTLE THING. It truly is ok to dispose (in one way or another) too little clothing, school papers, glassware, magazines, hair accessories (my hair is now short, thankyouverymuch), old shoes, etc. Yes, that time has come. One box or bag at a time, I am going to CLEAN HOUSE. Someone needs to help me stay on task with this one. I can see how easily it would be to put it off for another day/weekend/season.

Well, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. It's interesting how comforting my husband's snoring has become and how quickly it can lull me to sleep.....

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

I totally need to declutter too. I hope i can get to that once school start.