Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Miss My Family

My brother and his girlfriend came to visit for Thanksgiving. They were here for 3 days. I didn't realize just how much I loved them being here, until they were gone. We stayed so busy and had so much fun. I find myself getting depressed over the holidays. I remember holidays from the past and how enjoyable they were. I think I have sufficiently blocked out any drama and stress and remember only the happy times. My parents have passed away. It's just my immediate family, my brother and a cousin whom I share my time with now. That's not much. I always wanted big family celebrations during the holidays and really don't have that. We don't even cook a meal here at home, we go out. It has really just become another day and that makes me sad.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! I hear what you are saying about getting together as a family...my family gets together at all the major families and I would TOTALLY miss it if we stopped doing it. Holidays are just meant for family getting together. I am sorry that you no longer have that special time. :(

I came to follow you from Twitter Moms but found that I already do! LOL! Anyway, I havent' checked to see if you follow me...but if you don't and would like to, here is my link:

In My Opinion...

I do have several blogs, but this one is where I would really like followers! Thanks so much! :)

Veronica Lee said...

So sorry you feel so sad. Here's a big hug for you.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower! I found you on the Fence. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Take a peek at my giveaways when you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!!

Betty (bcatgray) said...

Awwww...I feel ya. I enjoy having the family over for a big meal, but it doesn't happen too often. Don't wait until the next major holiday to get together. If he's a busy guy, see if you guys can plan something far ahead of time where everyone can take off and just enjoy each other's time with no holiday pressure. :-)