Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thursday Blog Hop- and more




Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop

For those of you who are hopping by via the Thursday Blog Hop, welcome, thank you and I will catch up with you to follow back in the next day or two. I hope you genuinely like my blog and visit again soon. Please consider visiting my other blog Your Daily Shot of Espresso as it is new and I only have ONE follower.  *grin*. 

I tend to be a very honest (to a fault) person and am one to wear my heart on my sleeve. I get my feelings hurt easily, but often hold it in and privately lick my wounds. I think I'm just an overly emotional person....

I am very frustrated today....because last week we got a gift of money from my aunt, and it was a blessing. With my husband not working and us living on his minuscule retirement, I wasn't sure how we were going to pay for Christmas gifts for the kids and still eat (even beans and weenies was going to be pushing it). Well, this gift was wonderful. A few items for the kids and Christmas dinner for us. That is, until today. *I* ran over the curb last week/early this week. I am learning how to drive and well, I could give excuses, but the damn curb jumped out at me and I hit it....and ruined one tire. ONE. Due to that, we had to get it replaced. Well, they recommend replacing TWO (of course) so we got two new tires.... $400 later.... our car is making a terrible, headache producing sound. We stop at the shop and they say, oh, it's all wheel drive, you need to replace ALL FOUR tires...... FML. That took care of the wonderful gift from my aunt AND the Christmas gift from my husband's mother. Merry Christmas to us! Ugh. ONE bad tire (thanks to ME) and three perfectly good ones.... replaced. I give up.

Then I come home and play with Hope a little, always the highlight of my day. She drew a picture of ME, her HOT mama. HA! Just had to share.




15 comments:

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. Congrats on being the star blog.

Have a great Thursday!

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy
http://www.lindalunacy.blogspot.com

Jennifer S. said...

Hi there! Congrats on being the featured blogger. That is so fun! Have a great one!
~Jennie
http://www.sweeptight.com

Dawn Lopez said...

Hi there! I am hopping by and following your blog.. which is very pretty by the way, I really love the background and how the design overlaps!

So sorry to hear about that naughty curb jumping out in front of you.. apparently has no manners at all! We are also having trouble with our car and I am fretting the bill! Best of luck and thankfully the little things, like a simple heartfelt drawing from a child can bring so much joy!

Sabina@Slipstitches and More said...

Hope things will look up for you and your family soon...thanks for stopping by and following, I'm now following you.

Aimee said...

Hello- new follower from the Thursday Blog hop! Great work with your spotlight! Check me out at www.classifiedmom.com

Anonymous said...

New follower from thursday hop...http://conservasita.blogspot.com

Janine Claire Robinson said...

Hi there. I just found your blog from a blog hop. I love the fact that you share honestly and from the heart and am looking forward to your future posts. Much love to you this Thursday. (ps - sorry to hear about the tires! I hope that you are blessed with some more belated birthday surprises to make up for it.)

Zombie Mom said...

Great drawing!

Visiting from the blog hop. Following on GFC :) Hope you stop by! Have a great day!

www.zombiemomcomics.com

Unknown said...

Sorry you've had a nice week! I know it's disappointing not to be able to use that money as you desired, but it's certainly nice that it was there when you needed it!

I'm a new follower from Thursday Blog Hop. Congrats on being featured. I think you'd have some fun at www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com, where Disney IS school. Hope you can stop by!

Angelica's Mommy said...

Congrats on being featured -- I'm now following your blog!

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

Congrats on being star blog! I follow you check me out at mommydoes.blogspot.com!

Unknown said...

Hi!

I'm runnin late from Sunday Stroll yikes! LOL. Thanks so much for linking up, I'm following you now.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by via the Thursday hops to say hello and follow.
Have a great day!
http://poshonabudget.com/2010/11/happy-thursday.html

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

New follower from Blog Hop Thursday!
http://sweettmakesthree.com

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

New follower from FMBT. Have a great week and happy holidays