Thursday, January 25, 2001

I am writing tonight, with a head full of incoherant thoughts. I'm hoping that by writing, I can get them out. :-)

I'm worried about my mother in law. I don't want my hubby to know that I am 'this' concerned about it, he is trying to not worry. My worrying would make his worse. It's a nasty cycle around here. She was in the hospital right after Thanksgiving. From then until now she has been in transitional care, a nursing home, sold her home in CA (her only home for 40 years), moved to TX, a place she had only been to visit a few times, and is now in an assisted living facility. She was taken to the ER tonight for what they think is blood clots in her legs. she has horrible fluid retention. This, combined with her shortness of breath she has had since Thanksgiving, I am thinking CHF (Congestive Heart Failure). I am hoping it isn't, but assuming it is. She is 81. My heart aches for my husband. He hasn't see his mom in 3 years. I feel guilty for seeing my parents as often as I like. They live just 4 blocks away. I know he gets angry sometimes, for this situation, even though it is out of our control right now. I just hope that she recovers from this and we can get to see her in April. April is so close, yet so far away.

No comments: