Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Try This Tuesday!

Try This Tuesday

I have two fun tips for today.

My daughter has mild CP and receives all of her therapies in the home. For PT we like for her to try to walk/stand on uneven surfaces, on surfaces that have strange textures, etc. I was looking to buy her a small balance beam to practice walking on and also some stepping stones. Well, what I found looked like something I could make for a whole lot less!

We are currently not using these homemade tools and I passed them on to Hope's PT, otherwise I'd take pictures for you.

Anyway.

Long story short, take a ridged pool noodle and slice it in half length wise (not in half so you have two short noodles, but in half so you have a half circle piece.) There is your new balance beam with textures for sensorized (is that a word?) little feet! It is soft and fun and feels silly under your toes.

For stepping stones, use silicone hot pads that have nubbies or ridgies on them. They come in different patterns. They are also soft and feels silly under your feet, they won't slip on the carpet and you can use as many as you want to create an obstacle course!

That's all for this week!

No comments: